The Sony PlayStation 3 – generally known as PS3 – is Sony’s third product version in the PlayStation series seventh generation era video game console. It succeeds the PlayStation and PlayStation 2 series and chiefly contests against Microsoft’s gaming brand Xbox 360 and Nintendo’s product Wii. Sony formally unveiled the PS3 to the public on May 16, 2005 in an E3 conference. The PS3 was released on November 11, 2006 in Japan, and on November 17, 2006 in the United States, Canada, Taiwan and Hong Kong. It is slated to be out officially in March 2007 in Europe and Australia.
- PlayStation 3compiles of the following spatial attributes or features:
- Basic element of the console is a 20 GB internal hard drive.
- A prominent aspect of the consoles will now be a silver-colored logo.
- The ‘premium’ version of the PlayStation 3 includes:
– an internal 60 GB Serial ATA 2.5″ hard drive,
– IEEE 802.11b/g Wi-Fi connectivity,
– a multiple flash memory card readers,
– a brighter silver-colored trim.
- The hard drive is upgradeable, making use of the standard Serial ATA interface.
- Although there is no official Wi-Fi adapter for PS3, memory card support can be appended to the basic configuration with the aid of adapters. But, as the two models have cabled gigabit Ethernet potentialities, it is conceivable to fix wireless networking with the application of an external third-party wireless LAN adapter.
- Sony maintained that the HDMI cable would be excluded but complex video cables will be put in its place.
Sony has preferred to set off with an open pricing plan of action or scheme for the 60 GB model, permitting retailers to rest a price dot themselves. The PlayStation 3 was prepared and issued in North America on November 17, 2006. All through its first week of release in the United States, PlayStation 3s were being sold and purchased on eBay for more than $2300 USD. The lofty launch cost or value of the PS3 has been a fodder for criticism from industry analysts and developers. Phil Harrison, executive for Sony defends the price by stating the Blu-ray support and on-the-whole value of the gaming product. The manufacture expenditure is projected to be US$805.85 for the 20GB model and US$840.35 for the 60GB model.
The PlayStation 3 came up with 15 titles by November 17, 2006. After 5 days, most units of Resistance: Fall of Man had one off the shelf. Many aforethought launch titles had been held up, such as F.E.A.R. and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. All the PlayStation 3 games are region or area-free. There are lots of online gaming portals like Our exciting range of online casino games are geared towards maximum www.sacramentosirens.net entertainment value.
IGN where you can find cheats on PS3 games.
- Plus Points of PS3
- attractive design,
- all games in high-definition,
- PSP-like user-friendly interface,
- plays high-definition Blu-ray movies plus the standard DVD’s,
- built-in Wi-Fi,
- 60GB hard drive,
- Bluetooth support for wireless controllers and accessories is in the near future,
- backwards compatible with PS2 and PS1 titles,
- built-in memory card readers,
- free Online play,
- HDMI output with 1080p support,
- no external power source is required.
Negative Points of PS3:
- primary wave of games is to some extent lackluster,
- does not upscale DVD’s to HD resolution,
- a force feedback (rumble) support in controller is not featured,
- a USB port on the back has not been given,
- non-Bluetooth universal remotes are not attuned because there is no infrared port,
- the glossy black finish leaves grubby fingerprints,
- HDMI cable is not included.
An Overall Review:
The console has proved itself to be very flexible and pliable when it comes to getting at and playing added content. There are many non-gaming operations, which comprise of a music player, a movie player, a picture viewer and an Internet browser. Remarkably for a Sony product, the PlayStation 3 is much more open and adaptable in terms of the content it can playback, which is well received by the gaming fraternity. The PlayStation 3 can playback MPEG1, MPEG2 and MPEG4 video, which implies that a lot of the content that is made obtainable on the Internet can be played back on one’s TV via the PS3. One can also plug an external hard-disk drive into one of the USB ports on the PS3 and playback videos without the need of transferring them to the console’s own hard-disk drive.
A Decisive Point:
Sony’s PlayStation 3 may be the most exclusive and pricy next-generation game console that eagerly leaves one’s pocket light and empty, and even though its start on titles are not all that remarkable, its glamorous devise and pack of features, counting a Blu-ray drive, make it hard to resist even at a staggering $600.